The Corporate HR Manager creates positive business relationships with Corporate Directors, Regional Operations Managers, Contract Managers, and other employees to drive human resources and labor relations initiatives including recruitment, employee engagement, labor negotiations, grievance processing, organizational development, performance management, training, special projects, talent retention, benefits, onboarding, and EEO, ADA, and ADEA compliance and diversity
1) Provide counsel to employees at all levels of the organization in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and assure consistent interpretation and application of polices, regulations, and laws
2) Investigate and resolve employee and labor relations issues including the investigation of harassment, discrimination and other charges; manage discipline and discharge functions, and assume responsibility for the uniform and equitable application of policies across the organization
3) Ownership of the corporate recruitment and onboarding initiatives including measuring effectiveness through metrics, evaluating and developing sourcing strategies, mentoring location and region staff, and working cross-functionally to build and maintain a successful staffing program.
4) Ensure the people-perspective is represented in business decisions so implications are understood and the workforce is proactively managed; assessing the impact of business decisions on workforce and provide solutions to optimize opportunities
5) Provide counseling and guidance to managers in cases of performance and/or disciplinary issues, including investigation, preparing appropriate documentation and developing performance improvement plans
6) Support talent development, diversity, and positive employee relations by identifying bench strength and providing career path counseling
7) Measure effectiveness of HR initiatives and positive employees relations via various tools including employee surveys, audits, and employee meetings; works with management to address identified gaps
8) Serve as chair and co-chair for CBA negotiations including developing proposals; handles day-to-day Labor Relations including grievance processing
9) Maintain union-free or positive labor relations environment
10) Assist in creation and updating of job descriptions, handbooks, HR manuals, and policies and proceduresMinimum Education & Certifications Required:
Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressive human resources experience.
- PHR or SPHR (preferred)
- 25% - 35% travel to field operations
- 2+ years of transportation experience (preferred) ·
- Able to shift strategic focus and activities quickly in response to changing organizational priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization as well as external parties.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Shares information with others to help them perform their jobs.
- Develops plans to achieve objectives & identifies resources needed to accomplish objective.