Safety Coordinator - North America Central School Bus
Works closely with Contract Manager, Assistant Contract Manager, and Regional Safety Manager to create a positive safety culture & to deliver expected safety results.Major Responsibilities
1) Demonstrates and promotes a safe environment at all times.
2) Maintains compliance with all federal and state rules and regulations, company and local policies and procedures and required documentation.
3) Analyze safety records & implement corrections as required.
4) Implements and monitors the contents of classroom training to insure compliance with all federal, state, and company requirements.
5) Provides classroom instruction and behind the wheel training for all new and current employees as needed; to include required certification and skills enhancement training.
6) Initiates and maintains all training files to insure compliance with federal and state rules and regulations, company policies and procedures to include but not limited to behind the wheel documents, MVR’s, driver authorizations, fingerprint cards, final evaluation results, and third party testing.
7) Provides direction, guidance, and training, and establishes schedules for location trainers, following consistent training procedures.
8) Conducts regular meetings with trainers evaluating training issues, collisions, and personal injuries or as required by contract.
9) Implements and conducts annual road evaluation/observation on each driver. Assure that all new hire evaluations are conducted within a 10 to 30 day period after completion of certification.
10) Implements, and coordinates monthly safety meetings including but not limited to; topic selection, agenda development, presentation, meeting room set-up, notification and recording of attendee’s. Follows-up with absent attendee’s offering make-up session to guarantee 100% attendance.
11) Monitors and evaluates student loading and unloading and meets with school officials as necessary.
12) Assists C/M and maintenance personnel in fleet inspection for damage, cleanliness, and other safety related items.
13) Conducts regular facility inspections to include evaluation of safe work behaviors of all personnel.
14) Investigates, reports, maintains & cooperates with insurance adjustors regarding injury & collision claims.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Possess, or have the ability to obtain, CDL operator’s license with endorsement and other state or local permits as requiredRequirements & Expectations
2 to 4 years of transportation safety experience preferred
• Good interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues preferred.Skills:
Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Ability to use or learn to use internet, additional programs as required and office equipment, including fax and phones or other electronic devices