Assist Business Development Director in all aspects of the bidding process.Major Responsibilities
1) Collects bid specifications from School Districts via different media outputs (i.e. phone calls, emails, and written letters when required).
2) Acquires bid specifications from School Districts, Bid Consultants, various websites and personnel 3) Requests additional information as needed from School Districts to clarify the bid specifications 4) Works with Contract Managers to develop the team in charge of providing service per contract. 5) Maintains information collected in an orderly manner and filing information as required enabling easy access to information.
6) Requests insurance and bonds as needed per bid and ensures this information is received in a timely manner. 7) Sends information requests and F.O.I.A.’s when required for additional information and when the bid is completed for pricing information.
8) Maintains the department calendar of due dates for different bids, information deadlines and schedules meetings/calls as required. 9) Sends email notifications and reminders of when bids are due and deadlines for information as needed.
10) Ensures that all components of the response and bid packet meet the requirements and provide specified information.
11) Completes the bid binder assembly and sends out in a timely manner.
12) Assists with additional tasks as needed including but not limited to: taking messages, sending calendar invites, working with excel and word documents and projects as provided.Minimum Education & Certification Required:
High school diploma or equivalent preferredRequirements & Expectations:
Good verbal communication skills.
Must maintain a professional and respectful attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
Dress in a professional and appropriate manner for a business environment.
Perform all job functions in the safest manner adhering to OSHA guidelines & other applicable Federal& State laws
Execute all job duties while following company policy and procedureSkills:
Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
Ability to use or learn to use internet, additional programs as required and office equipment, including fax and phones or other electronic devicesPhysical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel):
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.