Contract ManagerEmployees that Report to this Position:
Compile and submit payroll for location employees using in-house software/methods and all related payroll documents. Support local management team in all payroll needs, including training and special requests. Main point of contact for employees with payroll issues. Works closely with dispatch to ensure proper payment to employees.Major Responsibilities:
1) Compile, review & submit payroll to the Corporate payroll department on a weekly basis prior to the established deadlines.
2) Verify that all employees are completing and submitting all necessary payroll related documents in a timely fashion (i.e. Timesheets, Request for Time Off, Standard Hours, and Charters, etc.).
3) Utilize and confirm hours within the time and attendance system on a daily basis.
4) Operate GPS system to verify exceptions to standard hours.
5) Work closely with site safety department to process new employee files and records and submit to Contract Manager for approval. Perform timely submission of all approved paperwork to Corporate Payroll.
6) Assist safety department in the maintenance of all current and historical employee files according to policy. Performs periodic internal location audit of files.
7) Complete standard hours audits
8) Maintain accurate driver seniority list which can be regularly updated and posted.
9) Maintain and update log of paid time off for all employees at location.
10) Assist office clerk in processing customer and charter billing.
11) Other duties as assigned. Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
Requirements & Expectations:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Good interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills with pleasant phone communication ability.
- The ability to work variable hours.
- Must maintain a professional and respectful attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
- Dress in a professional and appropriate manner for a business environment.
- Perform all job functions in the safest manner adhering to OSHA guidelines & other applicable Federal & State laws
- Execute all job duties while following company policy and procedure
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel):
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to use or learn to use internet, additional programs as required and office equipment, including fax and phones or other electronic devices
- Good organizational skills, strong attention to detail and follow-up skills are vital in this position
- Must have solid time management skills
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.