VP HR; Supports Executive Team including the CEO, Director of Safety, Training & Risk Management, Director of Business Development, and Director of Maintenance & FleetEmployees that Report to this Position:
Main support of executive team in administrative functions. Produces and maintains corporate records, presentations, correspondence, and executes administrative activities. Maintains certain files & systems. Provides support for recruitment and other HR activities. Major Responsibilities:
1) Performs complex and confidential administrative functions including database maintenance, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, files, data collecting, and other activities
2) Utilizes Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills to develop, produce, and file reports for CEO, VP HR and others including confidential correspondence, reports, bids, and other documents
3) Support various HR and recruitment activities including company emails & announcements, alert messages, internal/external job postings, handbooks, manuals, document approval process, files, and scheduling of meetings
4) Assist as directed in all employment and business related legal matters including responding to all employment subpoenas and other document requests as needed
5) Maintain website, email accounts including groups, and office notification system
6) Maintain corporate and management employment related records
7) Audit processes and internal files to ensure accuracy
8) Assists employees with various employee relations issues
9) Main point of contact for office supplies and general office technology needs
10) Other duties as assigned Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
· Associates degree preferred
· 3+ years Executive Administrative and/or HR related experience Requirements & Expectations:
· Superior interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills with pleasant phone communication ability.
· The ability to work variable hours.
· Ability to work independently Skills:
· Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
· Ability to use or learn to use additional programs as required and office equipment
· Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail and follow-up skills are vital in this position
· Must have solid time management skills Physical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel):
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.