A Customer Service Representative (CSR) supports stakeholders by providing helpful information, answering questions, directing issues to the applicable person, following up on open items, and responding to complaints, concerns, and issues related to service. A CSR is the initial contact to help ensure that stakeholders are satisfied with provided services and help ensure excellent service standards by responding efficiently to inquiries.
1) Responds to service related inquiries by clarifying the stakeholder's concerns; determining the underlying potential cause of the concern; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the concern; expediting potential correction or adjustment to resolve the concern; following up to ensure resolution and satisfaction.
2) Keeps records of interactions and transactions including details of inquiries, specific concerns, and actions taken.
3) Assists with tracking on-time performance, routing issues, stakeholder concerns, scheduling of buses; provide timely information to drivers.
4) Maintains data accuracy in software databases.
5) Provides recommendations to correct routing issues and other service concerns.
6) Contacts stakeholders about changed route times, daily service issues, and updated route information; adjusts route sheets as needed.
7) Assists with other functions as available and needed; handles miscellaneous clerical duties, routing, and charter activities.
8) Completes special projects as assigned by management
9) Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Requirements & Expectations:
· Good verbal communication and customer service skills. The ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
· Flexibility in work hours; early morning hours, late evenings, or split shifts if needed.
· Must maintain a professional and respectful attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
· Dress in a professional and appropriate manner for a business environment.
· Perform all job functions in the safest manner adhering to OSHA guidelines & other applicable Federal & State laws
· Execute all job duties while following company policy and procedure
· Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
· Ability to use or learn to use internet, additional programs as required and office equipment, including fax and phones or other electronic devices.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel):
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus