Responsible for developing and delivering all facets of part-time and full-time recruiting success across the organization with special focus on select location(s) and key position(s). Success will be achieved through traditional and non-traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing and implementing new, creative recruiting ideas. Position plays a critical role in ensuring the company is hiring the best possible candidates for the positions available and properly staffed.
1) Ensure overall staffing objectives, full-time and part-time, are achieved by developing, implementing, and executing recruitment and sourcing plans and strategies
2) Assist key locations and start-up teams to develop, implement, and execute specific staffing strategies and initiatives to achieve objectives
3) Build recruitment and staffing resources and tools which will be utilized by existing locations and start-up operations including identifying sources of active and passive candidates
4) Anticipate turnover and potential critical staffing shortages by working with the region and local staff to implement a proactive recruiting plan and strategy
5) Recruit, screen, and interview candidates and assist with onboarding as necessary including attending and hosting job fairs, posting positions on-line, initial screening of candidates, completing reference checks, assessing salary/wage, and writing offers
6) Partner with the region and location staffs to serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) while conducting training, providing value-added resources, assessing applicants, and ensuring legal compliance and good governance
7) Other assignments at the discretion of the Manager
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
· High school diploma or equivalent required with a BS in Human Resources or related field preferred
· Recruiting and staffing experience required at multiple locations preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in recruiting for the service field, full-time, and/or part-time employment highly desirable
· SPHR or PHR a plus
Requirements & Expectations:
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work varying hours
· Ability to travel extensively throughout North America
· Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure
· Maintain a professional and respectful attitude toward fellow employees and customers
· Dress in a professional and appropriate manner for a business environment
· Perform all job functions in a professional manner adhering to Federal & State laws, company policies & procedures, and recognized business standards
· Execute all job duties while following company policy and procedure
· Possess clear understanding of laws and best practices pertaining to the hiring of professional staff and service industry part-time employees
· Competitive nature with a strong desire to succeed
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
· Driver’s License
· Ability to use internet, social media, and additional tools
· System and computer skills including Microsoft Office
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel):
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel to other locations potentially 50% or more of the time will be required with minimal notice.