Job Purpose: To support the Contract Manager in supervising daily operations related to dispatching, routing, employee relations, and customer contact, including but not limited to, route supervision, staff and driver supervision, charter program oversight, effective communication with internal and external customers and coaching employees for optimal performance, managing the entire operation in the absence of the Contract Manager, comply with all company policies.
1) Supervises AM /PM activities to ensure all routes run on time
2) Assist drivers with questions or problems. Supervises the communication of driver concerns or route changes with the district.
3) Assist the manager in meeting school district requirements
4) Oversees the location’s video camera system
5) Assists the contract manager with supervision of location staff. Communicates job requirements and expectations. Monitors the performance of staff and provides coaching, corrective action, and guidance, as required.
6) Gathering all data for month end billing for the contracts the location serves.
7) Calculates pre-billing on all charter, field trip and lease invoices daily making sure the proper rates are applied and all required information is tabulated. Provides responses to customer inquiries regarding invoices.
8) Responsible for bank reconciliation reports.
9) Assists with screening, selection, and on boarding of hourly drivers, monitors, and technicians.
10) Responsible for unemployment process/
11) Maintains, with the safety coordinator, all record keeping of Workers’ Compensation injuries.
12) Fully trained and capable of running other departments in the event a department becomes vacant. Duties in other departments include, but are not limited to:
13) In conjunction with safety coordinator, ensure all federal, state, local and company record keeping requirements including Driver Exemption Logs, Motor Vehicle Reports and Criminal Records are met.
14) Performs any other management requests or directives as they relate to the overall function of the facility.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
High school diploma or equivalent Requirements & Expectations:
Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the transportation industry
Managerial experience preferred
Good verbal communication skills.
The ability to work early morning hours.
Must maintain a professional and respectful attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
Dress in a professional and appropriate manner for a business environment.
Perform all job functions in the safest manner adhering to OSHA guidelines & other applicable Federal& State laws
Execute all job duties while following company policy and procedure
Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
Ability to use or learn to use internet, additional programs as required and office equipment, including fax and phones or other electronic devices